December 14, 2009

SHARE N VOICE/ADVOCACY: Letter to Public Official RESPONSE

Hey Guys!
I'm not sure if any of you will think this is super cool or not but I thought it was SWEET! Senator Amy Klobuchar actually wrote back to my letter to the public official and I thought I'd just share it with you. I know Dr. V said we didn't have to but I thought it was of importance since it really lets me and everyone reading this post that our public officials DO take the time to read the mail we send them. :)

December 14, 2009

Dear Ms. Goodmund:

Thank you for contacting me about S. 2093.  I appreciate hearing from you on this particular piece of legislation.

As you may know, S. 2093 would suspend temporarily the duty on Perfluorobutane sulfonyl fluoride. I introduced this bill in the Senate on October 29, 2009, and it was referred to the Committee on Finance.  I will keep your comments in mind should this or related legislation come before the full Senate for a vote.

To keep track of what I am doing both in Washington and in Minnesota, please visit my website at http://www.klobuchar.senate.gov.  You may also like to track legislation through the Library of Congress legislative information website at http://thomas.loc.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me.  One of the most important parts of my job is listening to what the people of Minnesota have to say to me.  I am here in our nation's capital to do the public's business and to serve the people of our state.  I hope you will contact me again about matters of concern to you.

Sincerely,
Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got a reply! That is very cool, this is an issue that she is now more aware of that you advocated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was soooo happy!!! I had to post it.. even if it seemed irrelevant to some people in this class since it's almost over but it made me feel super happy because she took the time to care!

    ReplyDelete